Browse Our Wines

Dignite Syrah

Syrah

€15.99/Bottle | €191.88/Case
Product Information
Sales Information

Incredibly rich and powerful, brimming with blueberry, black plum and blackberry fruit flavours. A compelling Syrah.

Needs decanting, preferably for an hour before drinking - opens up so much. Deep colour (4-5 intensity), dark plum, thick tears. Rich blackcurrant, blackberry, black plum nose, heady undertones of spice, leather, eucalyptus. Full bodied, fruity, soft tannins, good acidity. Big black fruit and spice (pepper, cinnamon). An intense wine.

The Vineyard

This is the signature red of winemaker Eric Monnin. It's a rich and complex Syrah, perfectly balanced with the tannins giving good depth and length.  The oak ageing adds nuances of cedar spice, coffee and cocoa with a final lick of pepper to the silky smooth tannins.  The flavours hold up and last even to the following day. 

Try with grilled red meat, especially lamb or sirloin steak, flavoured with Southern French herbs (rosemary, thyme) or hearty casseroles.


Made from 50-year-old vines. 80% of the blend was aged for 12 months in 2nd and 3rd fill barrels to show the terroir of the grapes, with the remaining 20% aged for 20 months in new oak to bring more spice, depth and flavour to the wine.


Read more on this Vineyard ...
Critics
 
Dignite Syrah
Red Nose Rating: 00%
Tags:
Fine Wine with long rich finish, Rich, spicy reds